The MA in Art Education is a two-year, in-residence degree program that prepares students for work as art educators in one of three contexts: schools, museums, or community-based programs.
While an undergraduate major in art education, studio art, or art history is highly recommended, special consideration may be given to applicants with related bachelor degrees and experience in art teaching, museum education, or community art organizations.
Dates for Fall 2022 Admissions
The application for Fall 2022 admissions opens September 1, 2021.
The program admits students for fall semester only, and deferred admission is not allowed.
December 15, 2021
Recommended completion of ApplyTexas application
January 10, 2022 — 11:59 PM
Application deadline (all materials due). Applicants who submit materials by January 10 will be given first consideration for potential scholarships and awards. If candidates are interested in applying after the January 10 deadline, please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator directly.
Finalists may be contacted for phone/Skype interviews
Early-to-Mid March 2022
Applicants notified of admission decisions
More information about these materials is included on the Apply page.
- ApplyTexas Application
- Application Fee ($65 for U.S. and Permanent Resident applicants; $90 for International applicants)
- Official Transcript(s)
- GRE Score (waived for Fall 2022 admissions applicants)
- TOEFL or IELTS Language Test Score (international applicants only)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (submitted electronically by references)
- Statement of Purpose
- 2 Writing Samples
- Portfolio (for Schools-track applicants only)