Your portfolio is an opportunity to show us your technical skills, ideas, creativity, and what makes you unique!
- Only applicants to the Studio Art (BFA/BA) and Art Education majors are required to submit a portfolio.
- Applicants to Art History do not submit a portfolio.
Portfolio Submission Deadlines
- Freshman applicants — December 1
- External Transfer applicants — March 1
- Internal Transfer applicants — May 1
In Addition to Your Portfolio
When starting your portfolio submission, you will be prompted to complete a form before moving forward to the portfolio uploader. This form requires your UT EID and will ask you to submit an artist statement. Resumes are optional. Once this information is submitted, you will proceed to the portfolio uploader.
Artist Statement Prompt
Please describe the art you make and why you make it. Feel free to elaborate on what your experience with art has been thus far, what art instruction you may have received in school and outside of school, and future goals you have within art.
Need pointers? Check out → How to write an artist statement
We do not offer one-on-one portfolio reviews to prospective students. We host portfolio and application workshops in the fall hosted by admission representatives and faculty. Make sure to sign up for notices about admission events to receive invites!